Study information event 2023
Saturday, 11 February 2023, 12 noon
How do I become an art student? Which opportunities of development does studying at HFBK offer? How does the application process work? These and other questions about studying art will be answered by professors, students and staff of HFBK during the study information day on site.
- 12 noon.: Exemplary viewing of digital portfolios
Prospective students can hand in their anonymized portfolios on a USB stick at the entrance to the auditorium until 10:50 am. The USB stick may contain the anonymized portfolio as a PDF file only. Of all USB sticks handed in, HFBK will choose a randomized selection of approximately four portfolios. Professors of HFBK will publicly review the selection in the auditorium.
Please note that specific inquiries about the individual portfolios are not foreseen. Rather, the exemplary review serves to illustrate the selection process.
USB sticks can be collected at the end of the event. Please note that HFBK cannot assume any liability for the USB sticks.
- 1 p.m.: Welcome and information about studying at HFBK
Presentation of the departments:
- Painting / Drawing (Prof. Abel Auer)
- Sculpture and Stage Design (Prof. Michael Beutler)
- Time-based Media (Prof. Simon Denny)
- Graphics / Typography / Photography (Prof. Heike Mutter)
- Film (Prof. Bernd Schoch)
- Design (Prof. Valentina Karga)
For those interested in Lehramt Kunst and M.A. Kunstvermittlung directly afterwards:
- Lehramt for elementary/secondary/special needs education and M.A. Kunstvermittlung (Prof. Dr. Nora Sternfeld)
- approx. 2:30 p.m.: Guided tours through the annual exhibition by students of the respective department
For those interested in Lehramt Kunst and M.A. Kunstvermittlung, a separate guided tour will take place after the end of the information event
The Study Information Day on February 11, 2023 will be held in German mainly.
Please use the annual exhibition independently from the program of the study information day to get your own impression of HFBK.
Please find here the detailed program.
Feb 13. 2023, 2 pm: Digital study information for international prospective students in English
On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. CET, the English-language digital study information of HFBK Hamburg will take place.
How do I become an art student? What opportunities of development does studying at HFBK offer? How does the application process work? Professors and staff of the HFBK answer these and other questions about studying art.
Participation is possible via BigBlueButton, a university-owned browser-based communication platform: https://bbb.hfbk.net/b/mar-cau-hri-5fi
Please mute your microphone and turn off your camera to participate. Questions can be asked at the end of the event.