Dr. Samo Tomšič
Dr. Samo Tomšič, Gastprofessor für Philosophie
- Raum:133 Le
- Telefon: +49 40 42 89 89-0
- Mail: email@example.com
Samo Tomšič studied philosophy at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, where he completed his PhD in 2008. His research areas comprise political philosophy, structuralism and poststructuralism, critical theory, epistemology and theoretical psychoanalysis. Before moving to Germany, he worked at the Scientific Research Centre of Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts (Ljubljana, 2003-2010) and at the Jan van Eyck Academy (Maastricht, 2009-2010). Subsequently he was an Alexander von Humboldt fellow at the Institute for German Literature, Humboldt University Berlin (2011-2013) and a research fellow at the Humboldt University’s cluster of excellence Image Knowledge Gestaltung (2014-2018). Today he continues his work at the Humboldt University at the follow-up cluster Matters of Activity. Image, Space, Material (since 2019). He was visiting professor at the Academy of Fine Arts Nuremberg (2019-2021) and visiting lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts Munich (2015-2016). Since 2015 he equally teaches at the Department of Cultural History and Theory at the Humboldt University Berlin.
- The Labour of Enjoyment. Toward a Critique of Libidinal Economy, Berlin: August Verlag, 2019.
- The Capitalist Unconscious. Marx and Lacan, London: Verso, 2015.
- Psychoanalysis: Topological Perspectives, co-edited with Michael Friedman, Bielefeld: Transcript Verlag, 2016.
- Jacques Lacan Between Psychoanalysis and Politics, co-edited with Andreja Zevnik, London: Routledge, 2015.